Cal Labs Icon transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Matsushita

Its was outsourced from Panasonic.
If you are having tracking problems, it is quite easy to adjust. Clean the lens with a lens cleaner disc or a photo camera lens cleaner.
Find 6 trimpots on the side of the transport.
Let me know the markings by the trimpots and what kind of problems are you having with the unit.
All the besr:)

Carlos,
Not sure if it is a problem but my Icon doesn't play CDRs very well. I can't tell if 1x burn improves or not.

As to the pots on the transport, here are the reference numbers:

TR0 TRG F00 F00 PD B TR B
VR103 VR102 VR104 VR105 VR101 VR106
TR0 TEG FEG

Any suggestions to help improve playing of CDRs?

Thanks,
rick

aht

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Pictures

I had use them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 265
Re: Matsushita

casouza said:
Its was outsourced from Panasonic.
If you are having tracking problems, it is quite easy to adjust. ...snip...

Funnily enough I had the lid off my Cal Audio Icon (original version) last weekend - the transport stopped opening after a move from the US to the UK.:mad: I took it apart with some difficulty and found the gears that drive the transport drawer were very sticky. It seems to be better following a good clean, but now when it plays the first track of a CD there's a scraping sound. I think I may not have put the laser unit back in properly.

Has anyone tried upgrading the electronics? Op-amps and maybe adding a digital out?

And finally, does anyone know how to convert the Icon from 120V to 230V?

Thanks,
tim.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.