Aftermarket indash CD skips to bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anybody else with larger then average stereos have a problem with their indash's skipping to bass? Im running an older Kenwood Excelon unit back from '98 or so, but if I turn the stereo up loud enough, the vibration will cause the cd player to skip, so I cant even turn the stereo up all the way. It even does it with the roof off the car. Oh well, guess its time for a new headunit. :smash:

The most common fix for this problem is a CD changer. The reason why is because that changers are better built for damping. But I also understand that this is an expensive option.

and I agree with Sreten.

also What type of Car is it and how do you have it mouted, ISO Mount (brackets screwed to the side of the radio) or cage mount (square cage in the dash and you slide the radio in)?

Yea it's a bout time to start shopping for a new head unit.
it's hard to but in a radio wrong in a vett. the generic chevy kit is pertty stable.

But look at it this way head units have come a long way sice '98.
MP3's
built in X-overs

When you start shopping look for sattalite radio, you won't regret it.;)
Kenwood had the bestdeal on SAT radio right now
$50 tuner
$100 antenna
$300 head unit

IMHO I like Alpine the best. It's the little things they do that make the difference.

course you also could opt for the new "all in one" pioneer
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_3123_79169030,00.html

it's even got a built in G-tech performance meter. :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.