• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tuner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i picked up a phillips table top stereo/radio at a yard sale, after repairing the ac in at the transformer and replacing a ez80 it powered up. it has all origanal phillips mini watt tubes and the am works great, has el84 opts. fm does nothing but make static. also has 3 other bands that have nothing but static. anyone have any ideas as to where i should look? thanks

cheers, mike

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
FlMike said:
i picked up a phillips table top stereo/radio at a yard sale, after repairing the ac in at the transformer and replacing a ez80 it powered up. it has all origanal phillips mini watt tubes and the am works great, has el84 opts. fm does nothing but make static. also has 3 other bands that have nothing but static. anyone have any ideas as to where i should look?

What drivers does it have. I picked one of these up and it had the 800 ohm 6" FRs in it.

The other 3 bands are shortwave.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Philips tabletop radio

FlMike said:
it has 2 800 ohm 6" drivers

I may well have parts for you -- i stripped out the OPTs & drivers and flogged them on eBay (off to Japan for just under $100) since the radio didn't work well, and i needed the space. What was the model? (i may be able to still figure that out -- i could at least take a picture of the chassis for ID)

If you are really interested in getting it working (and it will be sweet working) the schema can be had from a fellow in germany (i'd have to dig a bit to find the URL) or take it to a pro (we have one locally here).

dave

phillips

biampli stereogram

type B5X14A/54

i have the fm kind of working now, tunes in 2 stations at the same time. i have a couple of things still to do to it and then i think i will take it and see if it can be realigned . thanks for the help.

cheers, mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.