TQWTL non-linear surface area increase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I've been dabbling with transmission lines with couple of my projects and I've always tried to to make the line as linear as possible.

But I've also seen designs where the line is not linear like this one

kbh-unten-34-245-abmessungen_483911.png

So my question is how important is it that the tapering is linear? If tapering is achieved with "sections" how will the end result be different from the sims?

In MJK's models it is easy to sim the sections.
I don't know which sim you use, but I am pretty sure this can be modelled in other models.

If you build it different from the sim - well the result will not be like the sim.

Please note you can taper in many ways. My QW sub has a loading chamber and a line with two different cross sections as a kind of taper.

Bjørn

In MJK's models it is easy to sim the sections.
I don't know which sim you use, but I am pretty sure this can be modelled in other models.

Interesting. I've been using MJK's models but they are at least 5 years old. From your comment it seems that there has been some development to the worksheets since. It seems it's time to give MJK a another donation :)

Are there some obvious things that should be considered when designing sections or is the design process identical to traditional TQWTL?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.