CEC TL2 problem and options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a CEC TL2 transport. it plays music for a short while then after that the sound is garbled/garbage. I had 2 technicians to look and try and repair but doesn't work.

Any suggestions on what I can do with the spoilt TL2? possible to replace the circuit board or something ? or should i try to sell it ?

I have the same problem.

I just bought CEC TL2 today and found the same problem as you. I notice that the music in earlier part of the CD play well but when you play song from the middle of the CD, says track 7-8, the sound become garbage. I don’t know what happen. Just guess that it is about laser head alignment. Will consult with technician tomorrow. By the way, did you resolve your issue yet. Please share the result.

Thanks

The previous owner told me he replaced the belt few weeks ago. The motor could also be the problem. I already sent it to technician. Will report back when the result come out should take couple weeks as this technician is quite busy.

Btw, what is the eye pattern? The CD still spin but the sound is garbled

The Eye Pattern is the HF output from the first RF Amp IC.

It may be labelled HF or RF (?).

First thing you look at with a faulty CD Player.

P.

Attachments

• cdeye.gif
    cdeye.gif
    29.2 KB · Views: 239
Have you tried the Belt first?

I doubt you'll get a Motor from CEC direct but I seem to think they may use similar Motors to everyone else.
You get a Sony Laser etc etc but try one of these..........

http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/31...p/AS00201?rpsku=rel1:KSM213CCM&isexcsku=false

The Sled Motor may have a short enough Shaft to be useful as the SP Motor in the CEC. The Sony's SP Motor may have too long a Shaft. Maybe worth a punt but do try a new Belt first.
Measure its Diameter and order one slightly smaller here........

http://cpc.farnell.com/search?st=square belt

Cheers,

P.

P.S. If CPC don't sell to Singapore, I am sure you know of Local suppliers of Spare Parts.

From memory, the CEC transports use Sanyo mechanisms. You could try getting another CD player that uses the same (search the good old CD player/DAC list - still being updated - CD-Player-DAC-Transport List [Вегалаб-Викизона] ) - swap things around logically, start with the whole, non-belt drive mech into the control board.

Sanyo SF-90 is the mech. Do a "Find on page" search in your browser for each page of the cd player list... some cheap players using it to find.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.