Coupling speakers to stands? (NOT speakers/stands to floor)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I've noticed that some high-end speakers are coupled to the stands. Several that i've seen use some sort of fancy ball bearing type arrangement. I would have thought that I'd want to just just attach the speakers hard to the stands, and then take care of the coupling to the floor. (spikes or rubber, depending on the surface they're standing on)

What is the general concensus - or the best debate - around here, with regards to speakers on stands?

Thank you.

I don't know what Blu Tack is, but I've just built a set of enclosures on par with a set of Magico Minis. Do I really want to use goop? Is that the equivalent of fixing an Italian sports car with duct tape?

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, I just wouldn't have expected my solution to come in a tube...

I don't know what Blu Tack is, but
Blu Tack - Wikipedia
I've just built a set of enclosures on par with a set of Magico Minis. Do I really want to use goop?
Yes.
Is that the equivalent of fixing an Italian sports car with duct tape?
No.
Various sealants are used in the most expensive sports cars. Sealants are packaged in tubes.
Sorry, don't mean to be rude, I just wouldn't have expected my solution to come in a tube...
Women swears in tube (cosmetics) products. :D

So I've noticed that some high-end speakers are coupled to the stands. Several that i've seen use some sort of fancy ball bearing type arrangement. I would have thought that I'd want to just just attach the speakers hard to the stands, and then take care of the coupling to the floor. (spikes or rubber, depending on the surface they're standing on)

What is the general concensus - or the best debate - around here, with regards to speakers on stands?

Thank you.

DAMPING PAD - Solen Electronique Inc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.