• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ghent Audio Icepower 500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sold Ghent Audio Icepower 500

I bought these in January this year and love them to bits but I received my old valve amps from repair (took two years to get them back to reliable life) and despite the shocking waste of electricity, heat and hassle of valves, i’m sticking with them.

Which means I have a pair of virtually unused Black Ghent Monoblocks going, 500W IcePower amps, in professional cases assembled and tested by Ghent. Cost me just shy of £1200. ($1350 - £950 — plus import duty and tax came to £240 on top).

I’d like £sold

ghentaudio --- GA-M500P Monoblock Amplifier

The nice thing about these amps is they have two inputs, one balanced and one rca single ended and switched so if you have a minimal setup then you can just use both inputs and switch accordingly. This makes it incredibly easy to just do without a preamp as I have been doing for a while.

Boxed and ready to ship. Perfect and tiny amps of the cleaned and small and light variety. I love them to bits but I have some creaky old bastard American heavy metal to sit on the floor next to my speakers and no doubt at some point break a toe on. These are the antithesis of all that, tiny, small, light, powerful, efficient, modern. Cool running.

Shipping is immediate - a good choice for difficult speakers. These make old inefficient speakers rather more spirited. Having tried them with a range of nasty impedance speakers these really are a great solution where space and power is needed.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.