Problem in search with underscore. IE "bruce_t_white"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Received an email that "bruce_t_white" had send a PM, but a search of users finds no such user.
A search for posts by "bruce_t" with exact-name box unchecked shows "bruce_t_white" as a possible user. I can then click on the name to be taken to the user entry.
Is the underscore used as special character in searches or have I just missed some obvious point?
In the meantime if Bruce would like to contact me please use my email, address in my own user entry.

Best wishes
David

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Underscores are not supported correctly by recent versions of the forum software. There were some members with underscores in their userid at one time.

I'm not sure he can see your email address. You could try sending this member a PM indicating that the forum sent you an alert that he was attempting to contact you.

Hopefully an admin will see this, and will be able to provide further insight/assistance.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Received an email that "bruce_t_white" had send a PM, but a search of users finds no such user....

Disregarding the Search issue--

In your Private Message box (not the email notification) you can click the member-name and get their Profile. PM box can be found through "Notifications" top-right or User CP, "Private Messages". Or http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/private.php

Also that link has a simple URL, www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/jazbo8.html therefore www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/bruce_t_white.html seems to be your contact. (Member for 12+ years, zero posts.)

Attachments

• PM-author-lookup.gif
    PM-author-lookup.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.