ProDJuser amplifiers - decent or scam?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone,

Whats your view on ProDJuser amplifiers? Because they seem to be very powerful (around 1000W RMS at 8 ohms) and quite cheap, but there are very little info about them online. Namely the one Im interested in is ProDJuser M720.
Thanks in advance for the info

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Whats your view on ProDJuser amplifiers? Because they seem to be very powerful (around 1000W RMS at 8 ohms) and quite cheap, but there are very little info about them online. Namely the one Im interested in is ProDJuser M720.

They don't give you 1000W at 8 Ohm, it clearly says 700W (720 on another page). BAX is known and I would not expect problems with service but the extreme sale price drop from 834,- down to 339,- makes me a bit sceptical. Well, if something goes wrong with the amp you can get their service, should not be a problem. I've ordered from BAX a few times and the packages always came very fast and I had no problems with them.

If you want high power on 8 Ohm, I would suggest - if you would/could spend a bit more - to go for the McGrey PA4-750 and use it bridged (2x1500W 8 Ohm). McGrey PA4-750 Endstufe

The 'big brother' of that amp is what I'd buy if you got some more to spare. The McGrey PA4-1200 gives you 4x 800 Watt at 8 Ohm or bridged 2x 2300 W. That's an excellent power/price ratio and the amp is known as reliable (the smaller one too).
McGrey PA4-1200 Endstufe

Last edited:
Well, if something goes wrong with the amp you can get their service, should not be a problem.

If something goes wrong with the amp at a gig the job is knackered.
Maybe better buy two cheap amps than one expensive one and trust on that one.
Many DJ's have backup equipment just in case.
One bad gig and the word gets around you are unreliable and you are out of business.

QSC, Crown and others make budget amps now. 500 watts per channel 8 ohms in the $300 price class - sort of like Behringer and others. Pop the hood - they look like boom boxes inside - no heat sinking to speak of and 300 VA transformers. I'm not sure they are any better anymore. RMX2450 used to cost about $500, now they're up near 800. That's a semi-budget amp, and miles ahead of what they're pushing now in terms of durability, but far from bulletproof. The price increases coincided with the cheap ones coming out. Prices on mid-grade like PLX have been rising too. Prices on the good stuff are continuing to rise, but they have always been high. I don't have 5 grand a pop to spend on amps, and I'm not the least bit interested in some lightweight class D's that will thermal cycle themselves to death in a year and then go to the landfill. So it's going to be keeping a few old touring grade Crests and a rack full of PLX and old Crown running for as long as I can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.