Problem with relay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys. I've bought NEC EA2-5NU relay that I planned to use in a muting circuit for my preamp. This one should be great for audio. However I have a problem with it. When I apply 5 volts to coil I can hear soft clicking but nothing changes with connections. NC contacts stay closed and NO contacts stay open. I tried running it through NPN transistor and directly from 5v power source and in both cases results are the same. One thing is when I first plugged it in, I accidentally reversed polarity of the coil. Can it be that it killed relay (bent contacts inside or something) or am I just doing something wrong?

Ok, problem is kinda solved. I've checked datasheet 10 times and I for sure have non-latching type. I tried today to apply voltage in reverse polarity and it magically started working as it should. I checked datasheet 10 times again and it seems that there is a mistake in it or they made view from bottom which also seems weird to me. I've checked polarity of my supply and sure that everything is right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.