Moode Audio File Formats

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am brand new to Moode Audio and very impressed so far with it. I have searched around but haven't found the different type of audio files supported. I have got it to play mp3 files with no problem, but wondering if it will also play flac files?

Thanks for the help,
Gary

Last edited:
Hello,
I am brand new to Moode Audio and very impressed so far with it. I have searched around but haven't found the different type of audio files supported. I have got it to play mp3 files with no problem, but wondering if it will also play flac files?

Thanks for the help,
Gary

Hi Gary,

See below for the list of audio formats supported in the version of MPD that I compile for moOde. Scroll the code section sideways to see all of them :)

Code:
pi@rp4:~ $ mpd -V
Music Player Daemon 0.20.10

Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Warren Dukes <warren.dukes@gmail.com>
Copyright 2008-2017 Max Kellermann <max.kellermann@gmail.com>
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Database plugins:
 simple proxy

Storage plugins:
 local

Decoders plugins:
 [mad] mp3 mp2
 [mpg123] mp3
 [vorbis] ogg oga
 [oggflac] ogg oga
 [flac] flac
 [dsdiff] dff
 [dsf] dsf
 [faad] aac
 [wavpack] wv
 [ffmpeg] 16sv 3g2 3gp 4xm 8svx aa3 aac ac3 adx afc aif aifc aiff al alaw amr anim apc ape asf atrac au aud avi avm2 avs bap bfi c93 cak cin cmv cpk daud dct divx dts dv dvd dxa eac3 film flac flc fli fll flx flv g726 gsm gxf iss m1v m2v m2t m2ts m4a m4b m4v mad mj2 mjpeg mjpg mka mkv mlp mm mmf mov mp+ mp1 mp2 mp3 mp4 mpc mpeg mpg mpga mpp mpu mve mvi mxf nc nsv nut nuv oga ogm ogv ogx oma ogg omg opus psp pva qcp qt r3d ra ram rl2 rm rmvb roq rpl rvc shn smk snd sol son spx str swf tak tgi tgq tgv thp ts tsp tta xa xvid uv uv2 vb vid vob voc vp6 vmd wav webm wma wmv wsaud wsvga wv wve
 [pcm]

Filters:
 soxr

Tag plugins:
 id3tag

Output plugins:
 shout null fifo pipe alsa httpd recorder

Encoder plugins:
 null vorbis lame wave flac

Archive plugins:
 [iso] iso

Input plugins:
 file alsa archive curl ffmpeg cdio_paranoia

Playlist plugins:
 extm3u m3u pls soundcloud flac cue embcue

Protocols:
 file:// http:// https:// gopher:// rtp:// rtsp:// rtmp:// rtmpt:// rtmps:// cdda:// alsa://

Other features:
 avahi epoll icu inotify systemd tcp un
pi@rp4:~ $

-Tim

I was curious if I could see what the file type was before actually playing the file. Or the location of the file.
I have some instances, where tracks are listed with doubles or triples. It would be neat if I could locate those files, and fix them up.
Once the track is playing, I can look into the current song detail, it it'll show the file details, but still no path.
thanks!

I was curious if I could see what the file type was before actually playing the file. Or the location of the file.
I have some instances, where tracks are listed with doubles or triples. It would be neat if I could locate those files, and fix them up.
Once the track is playing, I can look into the current song detail, it it'll show the file details, but still no path.
thanks!

If the location of the files is within your network you need to edit the audio file's metadata. Check these links for ideas: - The 5 Best Free MP3 Tag Editors - 10 Best Tools to Tag MP3s and Edit Metadata If you are 'tapping' into an outside stream find a way to save the files (don't ask) and then try to use a metadata editor/tagger.

Last edited:
thanks!

We had a TODO list item for a "More info" button for tracks that would show the MPD metadata, file extension, etc but there was little demand for it and so it was never implemented.

The Audio info screen shows the full path to the currently playing file including the file extension.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.