Fried Orion 250HCCA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wazzup Ya'll! New to this board, looks like maybe I can get some good ideas though! I just got an Orion 250HCCA from a friend for a good deal, but turns out it's not working. I have taken the board out of the heat sink and looked around, and everything seems to be in pretty decent shape, but I haven't used a DMM yet. I had a 225HCCA back in the day, and ran it at 1 ohm all day and never had any probs. I guess I am just curious if any one in here has had experience with these(or any other) amps, and what could possibly be the problem. Thanks :beer:

Orion HCCA

I used to be the rep for Orion in new England. None of the people who worked atthe facility that built your amp are there anymore. The engineer who designed the HCCA amps went to work at Cerwin-Vega and designed their amps. If I had your amp, I would call Orion (now owned by Directed Electronics-the name Orion as well as the name Precision Power and also ADS) in Tempe, Az. and ask if they can fix it. It is definitely worth it. P.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.