2 way scan-speak monitors advices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello,

I finaly decided to build new monitors after years of looking at my (half melted in a fire) old kit and have already ordered components and drivers:
tweater: scan-speak R2904/70000 (black)
woofer: scan-speak 18W 8546/01
last one was a all dynaudio kit (copy of the C2 monitors)
this one will apparently be an all scanspeak kit

the old dynaudio kit wasn't a full success esotar were just wonderfull but the woofer wasn't a match.

keywords are still articulation, presence, neutrality, detail and precision.
and from what i could gathered in this forum i'm apparently not on a bad track with the scanspeak

now i'm pretty sure some of you guys would give some needed advices concerning the cabinet construction the only plans I could find are the ones from audio components
now i'm also on the edge of deciding wether or not to attach an amplifier to the back making theses monitors active.
keyword here would be: portability

if I attach an amp to the bass reflex cabinet design from audiocomponents were should I place the event (not on the back since the amp would probably be fixed there)and how much would it affect the response of the monitors..
what about a compact closed cabinet for these components ?
is the ss 8546/01 a good choice ? (never heard it)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.