• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

Hi guys,
After more than half a year of revision and testing, the official version of the installation kits are finally ready to ship. There are 2 models,AZ1021 SK andAZ1021 SK lite.
User Manual please see #55 and #108,DWG file of back panel please see #344.
DAM 1021 SK lite specification
1. MCU control DAM1021/1121 via isolate serial port. Real-time volume control, digital filter switching, input selection, PCM / DSD sample rate display.
2. 3.1 inch OLED display(256 * 64 resolution).
3. One key mute (IRRemote only).
4. Rotary encoder or IRRemote will be control full function.
5. IR Remote control support learning function, support most kinds of IR Remote.
6. Power-down memory, automatically load the last shutdown settings.
7. With two different styles of display window, the screen display can be turned off
8. Using ISO7421 isolation chip between MCU and dam1021 / 1121, to ensure that MCU noise will not be introduced dam1021 / 1121.
9. There is a onboard transformer for power supply, AC 115V / 230V switchable. The output is completely isolated from the double winding, one power supply for the MCU and display part. The other power supply for the ISO7421 isolation chip, And provides 5V (400ma) and 3.3V (200ma) output, easy for the USB module and 1021 isolation chip for independent power supply.
11. Using high-quality solid capacitors, tantalum capacitors, ultra low noise ADP151, rotary encoder using ALPS EC11 type.
12. Display screen with FPC connector. While retaining the 2.54mm display interface(suppose SSD1322 256*64).
Attention: The transformer is included in the kits.

DAM 1021 SK specification
1. MCU control DAM1021 via isolate serial port. Real-time volume control, digital filter switching, input selection, PCM / DSD sample rate display.
2. 3.1 inch OLED display(256 * 64 resolution).
3. One key mute (IR Remote only).
4. Rotary encoder or IR Remote full function control.
5. IR Remote control support learning function, support most kinds of IR Remote 6. Power-down memory, automatically load the last shutdown settings.
7. With two different styles of display window, the screen display can be turned off
8. Using SI8642 isolation chip between MCU and dam1021, to ensure that MCU noise will not be introduced dam1021.
9. Input support: Optical fiber,Coaxial, AES, USB(not included), external I2S (LVDS mode).
10. RCA output can be switched between Buff and RAW.
11. Transformer board are detachable, support AC115V / 230V.
12. Use a separate winding transformer to power the USB module (amanero) and use ultra-low noise TPS7A47 for regulation.
13. Onboard TPS7A47 / TPS7A33 PSU.
14. A variety of DAM1021 power supply options.
Attention: USB module (combo384), the transformers are not included in the kits. In order to be more compact, the official delivery of the PCB will be smaller than that of the photo, removing the extra edges

PCB size & OLED colour
-AZ1021 SK : 220mm x240mm PCB 2OZ copper and immersion gold
- AZ1021 SK lite: 50mm x 100mm
-OLED colour:Green, Orange or Blue.The default is blue, please note the other colors.,There's only the blue OLED stock. If you need another color(green or yellow), you need an extra $5 for the freight of purchase.

What is in the offer?
  • AZ1021 SK: 169 USD , Not available
  • AZ1021 SK lite: 99 USD , Not available

What do you get for the price
  • AZ1021 SK lite: Finished board, what you see is what you get.
  • AZ1021 SK: Finished board, USB module (combo384), the transformers, dam1021 are not included in the kits.

Shipping & fees, payment,Tax
ePacket (from China) shipping worldwide for free.If the ePacket does not support the area, need to pay an additional fee(ePackte, USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL INTERNATIONAL,Because of the delay of data exchange between China Post and USPS. It will take a few days for USPS to track the status.You can also track on this site without delay. ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE TRACKING | 17TRACK. Shipment is going to start in May 17th, once a week. I accept only PAYPAL, fees are included in the price.Please PM your email to me and you'll receive an paypal invoice for what you are buying.
Exclusiveof tax;

Best Regards,
Audiozen

Attachments

• az1021sk1.jpg
    az1021sk1.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 8,418
  • together.jpg
    together.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 2,975
  • lite3.jpg
    lite3.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 3,081
  • lite2.jpg
    lite2.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 7,071
  • lite1.jpg
    lite1.jpg
    716.1 KB · Views: 7,309
  • az1021sk3.jpg
    az1021sk3.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 7,350
  • az1021sk2.jpg
    az1021sk2.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 8,420
Last edited:
pm sent.
Seems like a great product.
A couple of questions regarding the AZ1021 SK
1. Where is the switch located that switches from raw og buffered outputs?
2. Dimensions and specs for fitting transformers? (Have a couple of similar looking Talema 7.5v transformers)
3. For i2s (lvds) in. Is the Atmel (USB board) necessary?

Last edited:
pm sent.
Seems like a great product.
A couple of questions regarding the AZ1021 SK
1. Where is the switch located that switches from raw og buffered outputs?
2. Dimensions and specs for fitting transformers? (Have a couple of similar looking Talema 7.5v transformers)
3. For i2s (lvds) in. Is the Atmel (USB board) necessary?

1.There are two switch near the output. Please see the picture attached.
2.The board is designed according to the size of Talema. 15W or 25W can be used.
3.Fo i2s (lvds) in. USB board is not necessary.No additional 3.3V power supply is required. At this 3.3V (400mA) can also provide to other devices.

Attachments

• buff-RAW.jpg
    buff-RAW.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,569
Last edited:
1.There are two switch near the output. Please see the picture attached.
2.The board is designed according to the size of Talema. 15W or 25W can be used.
3.Fo i2s (lvds) in. USB board is not necessary.No additional 3.3V power supply is required. At this 3.3V (400mA) can also provide to other devices.

Then I actually think this would be almost perfect :) if 7Vac -25VA transformes is good.
I read that the MCU is of course connected to the DAM via serial port.
For uploading our own filters, firmware upgrades etc. how is this done now via for instance a raspberry?
I have a rpi connected directly via rs232 (and i2s) for the time being.

Even more perfect an addon board for a single board computer would be great (i.e. rpi). Then we would have a complete high end, extremely functional streamer/dac solution.
(Well actually we get that with the next soekris addon board for SBC that will come :) but that is another story :) )

Last edited:
Then I actually think this would be almost perfect :) if 7Vac -25VA transformes is good.
I read that the MCU is of course connected to the DAM via serial port.
For uploading our own filters, firmware upgrades etc. how is this done now via for instance a raspberry?
I have a rpi connected directly via rs232 (and i2s) for the time being.

Even more perfect an addon board for a single board computer would be great (i.e. rpi). Then we would have a complete high end, extremely functional streamer/dac solution.
(Well actually we get that with the next soekris addon board for SBC that will come :) but that is another story :) )

7V AC is only suitable for direct power supply to 1021. 47/33 PSU output is ± 12V, need 10v-12v AC more appropriate.
Our MCU connection dam1021 is J3 instead of J10, so you can still continue to write firmware via J10.

Attachments

• j3.jpg
    j3.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,765