Great price on IRFP044

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Someone mentioning here that Richardson Electronics had a great price on the IRFP044 at about $0.90 a piece. Digkey sells them for about $2 each.

I tried ordering 50 yesterday. Unfortunately, I got a call today and was told that the minimum order for this was 350 pieces because it's a special order item.

It wouldn't take very many people to pool together to reach the 350 piece order.

Kevin, I was hoping someone would step up to coordinate a group purchase! :D I would definately be in for 50 pcs. Btw, did you try to place an order and run into the same thing I did?

Magura, getting matched pairs would be ideal, but it sounds like a lot of work. Anyone willing to volunteer?;)

Incidentally, at an order quantity of 350pcs, the mosfets drop down to $0.87. Strangely, there are no further price reductions - even up to 25,000 pieces!

I didn't follow up on the "on order quote on the web page due to the fact I'm still making the chassis.

From Richardson you can get the r-theta E3093/wakefield 6274 in 18" lengths for $51!!! as far as I know they had 19 units in stock when I ordered mine.

The arrived un-anodised with a few cosmetic dings here and there but still an excellent price. A Bargain!!!!

Lastly if you need a source for transformers you can find a seller on e-bay selling 13v transformers on e-bay rated at over 50A for $25 each, these are from APC UPS's a pair of those with the secondaries in series makes good sense for 15-16v rails.

I'll get back to this thread shortly as I'm taking care of the wife after surgery and being in pain she's a little cranky so gotta go for now, speak soon.

Kevin

Ok people.......there is a new thread titled IRFP044 Group Order over on the pass labs page, please submit andy and all enquiries to this page. I'll have it book marked. Anything else I guess you can send me an e-mail. Don't forget to update the wiki if you are interested.

Thanks Guys and Girls

Kevin

Oops, this group buy has come up too quick as I have yet to figure out how many IRFP's I can use.

I am going to be building a case made from the heatsinks shown in the attached picture. They are big (15.5" x 3" w/ 1.5" fins), but the fins are epoxied (!). I will use 5 per channel. They are surplus so I have no specs. I will be running +/- 18VDC rails at 10 amps per channel.

Must I limit myself to 1 IRFP per sink or can I run more? I know this is guesstimating, but any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• a-x-hsink.jpg
    a-x-hsink.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 178
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.