Arcam Black Boxes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've really got the TDA1541 bug now!

Does any one know which Arcam Black Boxes (if any) used this DAC?

I thought it would be great to use the Delta 170 transport, junk the SPDIF and install the DAC in the same box. Then house the PSU's in the BB case, a la Naim.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Simon

I have an old Arcam Delta Black Box that has a 1541 dac.

This is the 1st generation of the arcam blackboxes. I believe that the
Arcam 70.3 utilised the 1541 as well. The Arcam Delta 170.3 is merely the transport without any dac onboard and is in all respects nearly identical to the Arcam 70.3.

I have the service manuals for both the Delta Black Bbox as well as the Delta 170 transport, if anyone is interested. The files are fairlly large though.

JD Goonting

mllum said:
I have an old Arcam Delta Black Box that has a 1541 dac.

This is the 1st generation of the arcam blackboxes. I believe that the
Arcam 70.3 utilised the 1541 as well. The Arcam Delta 170.3 is merely the transport without any dac onboard and is in all respects nearly identical to the Arcam 70.3.

I have the service manuals for both the Delta Black Bbox as well as the Delta 170 transport, if anyone is interested. The files are fairlly large though.

JD Goonting

I'd love to have them, could you send 'em to: pirobrothers@tin.it ?

Cheers

Andrea

Thanks JD

I know that Arcam switched to bitstream with Black Boxes sometime, whether its was BB2 or 3 I'm not sure. That's what I'm after.

I have the service manual for the 70.2 (hardcopy) which show the 70.3 using the 7350 bitsteam converter. Thanks for the offer of the manuals. I may take you up on it if I track down a machine.

Simon

I bought a black box (original) a couple of months ago. I didn't know the unit at the time, but is was very cheap so I took it home. Turned out to have a tda1541A S1 in a socket. I like the sound of the unit alot, altough it seems to do oversampling(?), which seems to be generaly disliked. (by the way, does anybody habe a servicemanual?) Anyway, I like it!

Looking for service manual for Arcam Delta Black Box

Hi everyone,

I am new to diyAudio and this forum. I am looking for a copy of the service manual for Arcam Delta Black Box with a TDA1541 dac and SAA7220. Having recently got my hands on the Delta Decoder PCB, I am curious to find out how I can build a working DAC out of this.

I reviewed this thread and appreciate if member MLLUM or anyone can email me a copy of the service manual.

Cheers!
KC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.