• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tubes from St.Petersburg, Russia?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.goldenmiddle.com/english/english.htm

Why are you guys having a problem with Goldenmiddle's web site.
I though something must have gone wrong since I last saw it yesterday. So I just logged on a few minutes ago and it came up immediately.
http://www.goldenmiddle.com/english/english.htm

No address is given but there are lots of email ID's
goldenmidle@fromru.com ( note the 'midle' has only one 'd')
info@goldenmiddle.com
sale@goldenmiddle.com
mail@goldenmiddle.com

Please let me also know if you are able to get in touch with them.
My interest is in tubes - mostly power tubes.
Cheers,
Ashok.

Thanks Bas.
I must check this out. IIRC the 845 is expensive and so the GM70 might also be expensive.

I was told the defense department in India used a lot of the 845's
and dumped all stocks a while ago. Unfortunately this might not be true ( may not even have used them !) because I checked with some people in Delhi who could get such information and they came up with nothing. A pity !

So I guess we can try to get them at better prices in Russia. Pity I find out only now. I used to go to Moscow often in the early 90's.
Cheers,
Ashok.

Hi George,

Thank you for the link!
Have you ordered anything from there? Do you know how this works in practise: (from their www-pages)

"We provide free samples of tubes for evaluation.
Please, return your results and opinion of tube testing for publication."

Cheers!
-Pete

Have you ordered anything from there? Do you know how this works in practise?
Hey Pete,

I'm glad I could supply you with a new link, but you have instantly plumbed the depths of my shallow knowledge. ; ) I found the site while Googling on GM-70 tubes.

That's about all I know--maybe Sector7G can chime in, in his local incarnation? I believe he has been lusting after giant Russian tubes, listed at low prices. :drool:

For what it's worth, when I clicked on one of the "buy" links, it automatically entered a quality of 100, so maybe they are looking for bulk purchases.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Best,

George Ferguson

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.