LM3886 in 5.1 system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently purchased 7 chips of LM3886 and want to make a 5.1 AVR sysetm, can anyone help me out:
Firstly as I understand this is a power operational amplifier therfore for Front and Rear L/R channels the frequency rersponse should be around 250 Hz to 20K hz and an appropriate High Pass filter, same would be the case for center speaker, thirdly Subwoofer will be a Bridge of two chips can any one have appropriate schematics, any help will be appreciated.

abidr said:
Firstly as I understand this is a power operational amplifier therfore for Front and Rear L/R channels the frequency rersponse should be around 250 Hz to 20K hz and an appropriate High Pass filter, same would be the case for center speaker

If you truly expect this to be a power amplifier which will just accept the input from a surround preamp, then you would be better off without high pass filtering. All channels should be built as full range, just as the ubiquitous GainClone mentioned all over this forum. And for the sub channel you can either built National's version: http://www.national.com/an/AN/AN-1192.pdf , or you can build one of the various versions described as BridgeClone here.

Or are you really asking how to build a simple analogue imitation surround processor?

Or are you really asking how to build a simple analogue imitation surround processor?
I would like to keep my options open in three ways:
It should accept inputs from sorround preamp.
It should act as a simple analogue imitation surroung processor.
with proper inverter and gadgetary I will try to put it my car for evalution.

COST IS OF NO CONCERN....

abidr said:
It should act as a simple analogue imitation surroung processor.
COST IS OF NO CONCERN....

Well, OK then. I haven't seen anything similar on the 'net yet; maybe there is something slicker out there which you can find by searching.

In any case, in the Jan. 1990 issue of Radio-Electronics, there are plans for an "Acoustic Field Generator" (excuse me while I run to the Excrement Disposal Facility).

It's copyrighted, but I can describe the circuit to you:

the sub out is a 75Hz LP on the summed L + R inputs
the front center is 3kHz LP + 300Hz HP on summed L + R
the L surround is 5-35ms delay + 7kHz LP on summed L + R
the R surround is the L surround output inverted
the front L + R go through a "wide" circuit (don't know a better technical name for the function)

It uses 4 LF347 op amps and 1 MN3008 and 1 MN3101; the latter 2 chips for the delay section

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.