Single Driver help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well... i think I am getting hooked on the single driver thing.

I threw together a pair of 40-1041 in cardboard sealed boxes..

surprisingly pretty good for 4.97 a piece.

problem is, should I build something proper for these... or buy something better like the Jordans or Fostex?

also the problem is that I have NO clue what kind of enclosure I need for these RS drivers.

Thanks!

AudioGeek said:
Well... i think I am getting hooked on the single driver thing.

I threw together a pair of 40-1041 in cardboard sealed boxes..

surprisingly pretty good for 4.97 a piece.

problem is, should I build something proper for these... or buy something better like the Jordans or Fostex?

also the problem is that I have NO clue what kind of enclosure I need for these RS drivers.

Thanks!

Try Here:
Single Driver Website

Peace

heheh

of course no matter what I do.... the cardboard enclosures have to go.

thing is.. should I build something for these RS drivers? or build something for Jordan or Fostex?

either way I do not have any specs on these RS drivers.

maybe try fe103e.... or something.

Thanks!!

Re: heheh

AudioGeek said:
of course no matter what I do.... the cardboard enclosures have to go.

thing is.. should I build something for these RS drivers? or build something for Jordan or Fostex?

either way I do not have any specs on these RS drivers.

maybe try fe103e.... or something.

Thanks!!

How big are the RS drivers? Open baffles work well on full-rangers, try this one, it's real easy:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Peace

GM

Joined 2003
Depends on your goals. If you want good sound for the least effort and cost isn't a major issue, then go with the best driver you can afford. If you want to learn about how various tweaks affects the driver's performance and/or just enjoy the challenge of seeing how much performance you can get for the least amount of $$, then proceed with the RS drivers.

GM

I agree with GM, if you find his hobby interesting then i would jump to a better (read higher cost/performance) driver.Believe me it will save lots of time, but even still the learning experience of cheaper drivers has a great value.
Easiest is an OB but generally takes up space and requires a higher Qts driver.
Step up is either BR or sealed or aperiodic , i like the aperiodic as it is easy to tune.
Another step up and not that much more difficult than a BR, is either a MLTL or TQWT, the performance is very good for the time/effort/cost.
An even higher step up is horns, but, be prepared to spend more time/money/effort but the performance is more than you would expect if done correctly.
ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.