Lundahl 7902 as impedance adapter for Icepower

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, i want to use a pair of lundahl 7902 trafos to increase input impedance on a pair of 125asx2 modules (possibly will use in BTL mode) and to reduce the voltage level (max 20Vrms from a tube pre!), the output impedance of the tube pre is 250 ohm, that pre have unbalanced output only, what wiring do you advise me to use? 2:1 can be enough or 4:1 its better? complete wiring/mod on the input of the icepower advised ?
Thanks in advance

Not really an answer to your question ,but if you don't already have the 125asx2 modules you should check out the 300ASC modules .They have a 47k ohm input impedance .Driving them with a 6sn7 beta follower preamp,no issues at all.Someone was selling them here in the Swap Meet section,also on Ebay.They have all the latest design updates and sound lovely.

Thanks Brik. Unluckily at home now i have 1 x 250asx2 and 2 x 125ASX2 and for now i dont want to spend extra money for other modules.
Anyway thanks for your post :)

If you don't have the lundahl 7902 trafos already it would cost you about the same.The 300asc's are $135.00 each on Ebay.(just checked,still there.i'm sure he'll ship to you).The lundahl 7902 trafos are listed for $150.00 each on lundahl's site.Either way good luck with your project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.