where to connect signal ground?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm wiring aux input into my stock '04 Toyota Tacoma head unit... I was told it's impossible, but I'm giving it a shot. On the CD player pcb you can see "lch" and "rch" silkscreend onto the board, so I soldered the left and right channel from an old aux cord with and end cut off and the wires stripped onto their respective pins. However I don't know what to do with the signal ground. I can't find any pin labeled "SGND" for signal ground, I've found one that says "PGND" but I'm not sure if that will work. Will it? Can I just connect the signal ground to the chassis? My idea is I can just press the "CD" button on the head unit and I'm in aux mode! I'm sorry for being such an audio noob but I really want this to work so I can prove my buddies wrong! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.