I must be crazy, Hello from Colorado

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes I must be totally crazy, literal insanity! to think Of going back to engineering things. Hello everyone and please go real gentle on me LOL
I guess its something that truely is in the blood, once an engineering fella, just can't shake the want or desire, so am gonna get back to designing. My love is music and great sound. So A tube amplifier is in order here, and since I must punish myself, designing my own output transformers as well.
See I told ya I was crazy.
Actually this is gonna be fun I am sure. I have the equipment.........(Somewhere in that shed) and have designed a lot of transformers/circuits/ products for the medical electronics industry as a carreer. Now to do this for the pleasure... ??
Ok so someone talk me out of this ..... set me straight!!!!!!! SAVE my soul!!!!!!!!
Nice forum here folks.
Harlan

Ye welcome to this great board, filled with brill ppl, who are always willing to help your situation whatever it is or however odd it may seem.

Netlist is correct though, your sucked in for life you will never look at a hifi product in the same way. Hmmm i wonder what the insides of that are like, I wonder if its as well built as mine??

Ohwell hope u enjoy it here.

Thank you for the warm welcome Netlist and 5th Element.

Shortly I will be posting part of my idea's and questions, just getting my bench back, and equipment found and placed.

I still have to take inventory of my tube stock, see what made it through the move and organize. I should probably start with a "GOOD" pre-amp and make a work jig for output testing.
All that said, spare time is precious now, gotta find me some of that :)
Thank you again
Harlan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.