• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OTTO's VS BIII SPDIF 4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm wondering if you think there is any performance difference between the OTTO 2, 4 & BIII SPDIF 4

I ask because when I recently used the OTTO 4, and if I only had 1 source plugged in, it didn't matter which channel I switched to I still got signal coming through from the one source. When I plugged in a second source in it operated as you would expect, doesn't seem right to me.

So if you where building a new DAC which one would you use?

Can I use the BIII SPDIF 4 (which I already have) with a BIIISE by setting up 3 DPST Siganl relays (like you use in the Sidecar)and just use the Arduino to switch channels?

I lean toward the BIII SPDIF 4 because it isolates the signal but in the end with this next DAC I just want the best performance.

Last edited:
1) "You need to ground the unused inputs on the OTTO-4" I assume the way to do this is with Shorting Plugs, is that correct?

2)
I am using the BIIISE not the BIII. Can I use the BIII SPDIF 4 (which I already have) with a BIIISE by setting up 3 DPST Siganl relays (like you use in the Sidecar)and just use the Arduino to switch channels?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.