Laser replacement....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anybody know if a laser named for instance KSS151A is the same across the different brands it is used ?

I need a spare laserunit to my Denon player, and was thinking about finding a used CDP with the same laser.
I know that there are some Akai, Aiwa, and Sony players that uses the same KSS151A

Regards
Lyra

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Lyra,
As the KSS151A is one of the more expensive lasers in the KSS family, it’s worth a try to find a good used one.
As for the KSS240 I can buy cheap and expensive ones, meaning probably original Sony or not. Both work. Don’t know of different 151’s.
However if the label says KSS151A it will work if the unit is still OK no matter from what player you took it.

/Hugo

In case of newer drives like KSS240 or KSS210 one can buy original from Sony or cheap taiwan or chinese fakes for a quarter of the price of original.Those fakes are very good and I think even some of the manufacturers use them.

KSS151A is older drive and you will probably have to buy original from Sony which means it will be expensive.

Bartek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.