Double sided speaker screws/spikes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anybody have any ideas for this one? Basically I have a sonotube sub that I made that I've had it aiming up, however its very top heavy with it being a little in diameter, 6 feet tall with a 12" woofer at the very top and the ports/input terminals at the bottom. Anyhow, I had any idea, of using double sided screw/spike so I can aim the woofer down, but have enough clearance for the woofer to breath.

I think the woofer should couple a little bit better firing into the floor rather then the ceiling.

Anyway, I'm thinking of maybe gluing/welding something together, like wood screws to somethin on the other end.... any ideas?

A spike would be too short. If your driver was that close to the floor, all you'd have is boom. So the answer is simple: go to the furniture legs section of your home store, buy some very short legs (or dowel or hardwood stock) and buy some double-ended screws. Thread one end into your new feet, the other end into the baffle. Make sure you do this in such a way that the cone can have full travel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.