8" Vifa woofers at BG Micro for $29.95

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not a big Vifa fan, but I've heard the 824s and they're pretty good AFA ~cheap monitors go. They sim so nice to 40Hz that if I were still actively building, I'd have to get four of them and do some bipoles or MTMs with a 800hz CD horn.

GM

i can attest to apex jr's service to being top notch. when ups lost some of my parts (bought 2 transformers, box got destroyed. not steve's fault what so ever), within hours of speaking to him, he had generously sent out another for me out of his own pocket. very impressed with them.

anyone know more about the HR824?

I check the BG website:
http://www.bgmicro.com/prodinfo.asp?prodid=AUD1067

also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3766445954&ssPageName=ADME

I don't think so the loudspeaker is for HR824 and suspicion it ,cause so many data of parameter big different both Mackie spec sheet:

I:face: Mackie's is cut little bit on the top,not full round and edge is different
mickie's
http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/p1635H-179e2420a317182e672bb5eb769112a6.jpg

of cause may be hide by something,so can't see is possible.

II:rear side face: Mackie's spec,in page 17 the draw of the box,show the low frequence unit a little complex,in rear end with one magnet,but in BG's and eBay's is nothing attach. more important this point.

III: size: Mackie 's spec write is 8.75inch(222cm) in frame,but the BG's and ebay's is 8 inch.

IV: also focus on power and sensitive and frequency response different.

for the HR824 loudspeak,any one have new comment come in?
who know the true of the mode in vifa product and where can buy? also the high frequency unit.

Thanks first!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: anyone know more about the HR824?

kello said:
I don't think so the loudspeaker is for HR824 and suspicion it ,cause so many data of parameter big different both Mackie spec sheet:

Given that there are so many out there (ApexJr has them too) surplus it is likely that the batch was rejected becuase mackie changed the design spec after the drivers were made & delivered or that they are left over from a discontinued model-- it is not likely to exactly match anything current.

dave

I have 4 of them

Bought some a while back. I haven't gotten around to designing proper crossovers for them yet, but they seem decent enough.

fair size magnets, cast baskets, looks like a decent suspension.

Also maybe of interest to anyone ordering from bgmicro are the "audiophile" tweeters.

I have no idea who makes them, there's a cutout along the bottom edge of the plastic front which makes them look like they're designed to mate up with a 6" woofer or something.

Again, can't give a really sure description of how they sound, due to the lack of a good crossover, but they seem like they've got potential, and for the $10 I certainly wouldn't complain.

Only downside is the funny shape. It was a real pain routing such a weird shape to flush mount them. If anyone else wants to do a nice flush job with them, I'd recommend just flat mounting them on the outside, and then bringing up the baffle to flush with a well glued piece of 1/8 plywood or something.

I'll try and remember to give more info once i've got more than just a capacitor for a crossover ;)

Re: using these in HR824's

amacks said:
Has anyone used these in the HR824? I may be able to get a pair with blown woofers really cheap, and am wondering if these can make them happier. I don't need the ruler-flat response of the original, but I do want acceptable response for hobbiest monitoring
Aaron

Hi! can you show more the information about the HR824 loudspeaker of you have now.

very interesting now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.