Fuse type and fuse holder?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK,

I found/trashed pick a Carvin Mixer CP630 Pro Six i wann a fix it. Problem is i don't want to f@#% it up (cause i tend to do that often):smash:. So i was wondering if anyone would give me some headers before i start screwing around with anything.

Hope someone reply's cause I'm getting finicky/ideas just lookin at the thing sitting there.:idea:

Thank you for replying so fast! :D

i forgot to add some pictures and info about the unit.
it says on the back one of the written fuse types is a 4.0 amp?
and the other from the manufacture is 5 AMP AGC?
oh and what holds the fuse?

[same pic if other don't work>>] phaf4.jpg at Free Image Hosting

forget the other quick reply lol.

Attachments

• carvin cp630 pro six (6).jpg
    carvin cp630 pro six (6).jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
you said cP630. Jazbo's table is for cX630. go with the 5acg. the fuse holder is missing the cap. I believe Radio Shack sells the whole fuse holder (cap and body) for a few bucks. they keep them in their parts bin (if they're not out of stock). hurry in to your local RS to get one before they discontinue it.

Wow thanks for all the quick reply's
j2xgwDMBDSsnVA69OtCogRQzID4UOTOFEwAHkGJSmhPzgRIAFU7lagXmBJGuXwEwEMPlz8AaBEagAjDrBQAkcUj5iCtQwK0FSzhciBsQADs=

Ill be looking in to radio shack for that holder with cap or ebay.
Can i get all 4 types of fuses and see which one doesn't fail or will that f-it up?
Why was the holder-cap and fuse missing idk maybe it doesn't work?
Anyway I'm going to find out cause i found some peavey 410 columns with it.
pics not included :( cause i cant upload images anymore says security token or some thing like that:confused:.

When the 5A fuse rating is printed on the amp next to the fuse holder, I see no reason to think it needs something other than that.

Caps get lost. People pull a blown fuse out and then nothing keeps the cap from falling out. Also people swipe them. A cap is missing somewhere else, and they grab one out of this to use elsewhere. I never gets returned. In music stores, amps regularly get fuses and caps stolen.

Also people swipe them. A cap is missing somewhere else, and they grab one out of this to use elsewhere. I never gets returned.

to right just had to go round and replace 3 fuse holders that i had lost the caps from.

oh and i hav one thats wired wrong way round and can hav 230volts on the thred its bit me twice so far (really must fix that) and i involuntarily throw the cap away lol:eek:
makes ya hair curl.

your cap looks like a bayonet type.

Thanks for all the support,
I bought the cap at radio shack great fit and 5amp agc fuse:D but when i turned it on it immediately started to smell like wire burn. So i turned it off and started a closer look
yH5BAEAAA8ALAAAAAAVABAAAAR78MlJgaW4Wtv6zZJlGEDnnB4IIGx5viiArUiSuIegH04jV7Vb4yRwAALF3u8BMNQ4xE3SN2k+XQ5B4DhdWoM4nYBHrY5YCCxMWSmQRiQTyrdYMguF5ojjASgUdVV4eRuFMn6AXoODBAQDXn+BIQCNlR9Vf3ZMhSCbDxEAADs=
(opened it) i come to find that one of the wires is burnt (exposing the wire it self) and one of the mosfets are loose big time weird. Now i got a fixer-upper on my hands:( i will post pics as soon as i buy a soldering iron:(.

p.s.
Anyone know were can i get some dirt-cheap
6.35mm (1/4") ts connectors?
Back in the day (when i was like 18) i trashed-picked like thousands of them with speaker and microphone wire on them. I took an sold the copper in them and just threw away the connectors. Looking back now:p:no::ashamed::crying::headbash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.