• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

OPA541's for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Originaly purchased for a 6 channel sourround sound project but they seem to just be sitting here so here ya go.

I'm asking $10.00 a piece or $50 for all 6.

I also have a bunch of plastic power package opa541's, lm3875's, lm3886's, lm1875's if interested let me know.

Attachments

• opa541.jpg
    opa541.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 555
Raka,

the AMs aren´t for free samples anymore. But the stategie seems to be ordering many free samples of expensive parts, wait until they are not sampled anymore, and try to sell them now. The samples came with exactly this pink plastic foam : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=293804#post293804

Guess why they are no free samples anymore? Because to many silly people ordered too much of the most expensive power Opamps offered by TI. Instead of a cheaper and better ones, and only those few they really need ....

I can hear them " I need to buil at least 4 6channel home theater amps using free samples."

Guess why ON charges shipping costs now? Because someone posted on diyaudio gainclones sound better with some fancy ON diodes.

Yes, I have gotten many samples from Texas instruments, but I have used all of the sampled chips previously.

Good catch, those are in fact the bags and foam that came from samples, I have many of them and reuse them to hold electronic stuff because they're antistatic.

I feel the same way about a particular Ebay member who seems to be able to continuously get pairs of opa541am's for less than $10. I questioned him/her about this and I was told they were from an excess order their company placed, but I couldn't figure why the company just didn't return them. So I asked if he could provided proof of purchase before I bought them, thinking that if it was a company then it would be no problem just pull up the order. But he/she never responded. I gave the seller one more try when I emailed with an order for 20 thinking if it was legite they would jump at the chance to get rid of 20, no response and this seller is still selling them, in pairs.

So this does happen, and it sucks.

Yes, I have gotten many samples from Texas instruments, but I have used all of the sampled chips previously.

Good catch, those are in fact the bags and foam that came from samples, I have many of them and reuse them to hold electronic stuff because they're antistatic.

I feel the same way about a particular Ebay member who seems to be able to continuously get pairs of opa541am's for less than $10. I questioned him/her about this and I was told they were from an excess order their company placed, but I couldn't figure why the company just didn't return them. So I asked if he could provided proof of purchase before I bought them, thinking that if it was a company then it would be no problem just pull up the order. But he/she never responded. I gave the seller one more try when I emailed with an order for 20 thinking if it was legite they would jump at the chance to get rid of 20, no response and this seller is still selling them, in pairs.

So this does happen, and it sucks.

Sorry for the double post I have Adelphia cable and it's terrible. I have to sneak my posts in when it works and it got caught in mid post.

I'm giving the opa541's away now because I don't need them nobody seems to want them so if someone wants to pay for shipping You got em.

I stopped using chip amps as well as my friend’s years ago when I figured out how easy and cheap discrete amplifiers are to make. I held onto the chips thinking either sell or maybe give to a friend, well selling didn't work and friends don't want them. So the first three people that respond to this post can have 2, but I do need shipping and as long as you're in the states it shouldn't be anymore then a dollar or whatever USPS charges for standard first class.

Cheers

Raka,

Well, I like everyone else will believe want they want, but these are not samples. I don't have anyway to prove it so believe what you want.

I'm not that type of person, but you seem to have figured out how get the most money from a sample.

I had decided to give these away before now, I've just been lazy, but this string of post has prompted me to post them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.