Yamaha 2SK77 with First Watt design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys I'm brand new to DIY audio but been enjoying vfet gear for years. I own a Yamaha B1 and a B2, and have an extra pair of Yamaha 2SK77's that I was saving as a backup to my B1. That is until I read the 6moons articles about the First Watt gear. I want to build an F3 but I was also wondering if my old Yamaha VFETS might have some use in a project like this. Thanks in advance for any advice or direction.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
this is pretty much all I have

blur :clown:

though , I think enough for first tests

Attachments

• 2sk77_data.jpg
    2sk77_data.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 764
  • 2sk77specs.jpg
    2sk77specs.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 773
I think the L'Amp will be my 2nd project. I'm going to cut my teeth with an Aleph J. Ordered all the parts last night. I do have a pair of 18lb each transformers from a Yamaha B1 I bought for parts. I was wondering if you thought they would go well in an Aleph J build or if you can think of a better application for them.

Keep the 2SK77 for the B1. They were ever only used in that amp and it's near impossible to find them in case the amp fails.
Besides, they are NOT suitable for L'Amp unless you can provide really low impedance drive, since the 2SK77 has ~1.5mF input capacitance, almost 10x more than the 2SK82.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I did receive a nice present from a company in Japan named FAL, which included
a small quantity of 2SK77B, the parts used by Digital Do Main.

They are rated at 300 watts, and I have built one prototype single-ended amp
which looks a lot like the SIT-2 but with 40 watts output. It is quite
spectacular, and the circuit will become public a little later this year.

:cool:

I did receive a nice present from a company in Japan named FAL, which included
a small quantity of 2SK77B, the parts used by Digital Do Main.

They are rated at 300 watts, and I have built one prototype single-ended amp
which looks a lot like the SIT-2 but with 40 watts output. It is quite
spectacular, and the circuit will become public a little later this year.

:cool:

Very interesting to learn and for 2SK77B happy owners diy be the must do:D:D:D:D:D
Best regards

:):wrench:

Attachments

• 2sk77b.jpg
    2sk77b.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 466

Attachments

• stereo.gif
    stereo.gif
    2 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.