My JL 4 channel amp is not recieving power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all, I would like to clarify that I have followed all of the basic and most advanced steps to trying to resolve my problem. When we first had everything set up, only my left highs and mids were working. We tested all the power and everything was correct. Twenty minutes later we turned the car back on and all my speakers were working. Now, my amp won't turn on at all. I am assuming it's the amp but just in case I figured I would post up here.

Please excuse the large picture but I want you to see everything.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If your amplifier is not turning on you have to make sure you have B+ (12.6v) on your terminals and that your ground is good. As well as voltage on the remote, if any of those are missing well the amplifier will not turn on.

Check the fuse by the battery and by the amp if you have one near it, they might have popped when all 4ch were working and you may have gotten a bit happy and cut up the volume enough to pop fuses (if the fuses where low amperage rating).

Sounds like bad RCA's if you ask me, but I would check all the speaker wires to make sure none of them are pinched and shorted same with the RCA. RCA sometimes have crappy solder connections inside the ends, if possible untwist one open and check out the connections (two connections, the middle pin and the outer jacket). If they are loose then you might get sound sometimes but most of the time is going to be intermitting or off.

What amplifier is pushing the sub?....not a good idea to mount your amp to your subwoofer enclosure (unless its well braced inside) and even then not a good idea.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.