Looking for drawing app on iPad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Back home I usually use SketchUp to draw product ideas, anyone with an idea what I could use on my iPad? I'm over in the U.S. for a month more and all I have is my iPad mini.
I would love to get a few designs drawn up concerning my upcoming speaker build.

Cant resist it, "get a real computer" :D

Seriously, as handy as an iPad is, it is not a workstation. At some point, you have to not expect it to do things it just can't do. Could you set up a VM in a cloud somewhere with Windows and Chrome in it, download Sketchup and use the iPad just as the GUI?

He says that the apple stuff does not have a stylus and does not do that sort of stuff.

He also mentioned that some (non ipad) can open a pdf and write comments/notes on it.

Other types of tablets do have the apps that go with a stylus.

If someone else does have a solution I would like to hear it and get back to him on this.

It would appear that apple's sandbox thinking sort of killed some very hand apps, engineering drawing apps seams to be part of the casualties. There might be some more professional CAD apps but I hesitate to shell out the cash and start learning complicated pro tools when it's not strictly necessary. I guess I'll be drawing again in a couple of weeks now. :)

Their thinking was probably for the 95%. iPads are used for e-mail, WEB browsing, e-books, and playing Angry Birds. They did not intend for it to be a desktop computer. It often comes as a surprise when users come up with very different uses.

Of course, Microsoft thought we want to use our desktop computers like an iPad. Now THAT was just plain stupid.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.