• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 2 brand new O2 Jogglers with 75 Ohm BNC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Just like the title, 2 new modified O2 Jogglers with 75 Ohm BNC connectors at the back. I am not a genius with Linux so improvement may be done by editing the asound.conf file. I had a hard time figuring out how to edit that file and to understand what I was doing. Hey, it is better to be honest ;) They play music and do that quite OK on an external DAC.

They are both in original box and not used. Scratchless etc. No need of doing the high risk modifications yourself. Just try drilling a neat 12 mm hole in a plastic back cover without any damage or scratches :h_ache: I dare to say that the BNC outputs look like factory fitted.

Putting an RCA plug in the back cover is way easier. I have been busy for 3 days to get the job done as standard 75 Ohm BNC plugs don't fit so I had to adapt an existing special short neck one. After the first one was done I modified 3 brand new Jogglers successfully. The necessary network parts have been soldered in the BNC plug metal backside also to reduce stray in from surrounding electronics. Coax cable has been secured to the mainboard by some glue. Can send pictures of the mods. Both have SqueezeOS installed on internal flash memory. They offer similar features as a real SB Touch but without remote control and with a larger touch screen of excellent quality. Price will be discussed by PM. Nice devices but I realize I have too much audio stuff.

I think there are not many O2 Jogglers with BNC plugs in the world ;) Likely these are the only ones.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Got e-mails about these devices. Considering the fact I had to sacrifice one joggler in the process and the high risk (only while doing modifications, no risk now as they're ready)+ time it took and the quite high costs to get them here from the UK I think 150 Euro/piece ex shipping is not too much. Devices look like new because they are new and have no scratches etc. Works were done ESD safe. They function and have the feel and look (on the screen) of a real SB Touch but with much faster CPU (1.33 GHz Atom),larger screen, gigabit ethernet and 300n wireless. Capable of Airplay and of course it plays lossless files and high res material. The BNC makes it possible to mate it with a high quality DAC like the Subbu V3 DAC ;) Pictures via PM.

As drawback I can tell they don't have IR eyes so no remote control :( However the screen is so large and the device is so handy that you can place it in front of you to operate it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.