Where to find low value air core coils?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi diy'ers,

I hope one of you can help with this ... I'm looking for a source of either:

- low value air core foil inductors (10 uH - 50 uH) with a good insulation (polypropylene, teflon or the like) preferably in Europe and I should be able to buy in low No.s and not too expensive, and/or

- a link to a webpage where I can calculate how to design an optimum air core foil inductor (haven't found one googling ..). An online calculator would be much desired ...

Might you have some tips for this? Thanks for reading and maybe replying ;)

Jesper

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi both,

& thanks for replying. Interesting to find out that there is a company like Jantzen in the very same country that I live in :) I'll see what's available from them ...

Regarding the coil inductance calculator it seems as if both of your suggestions are round wire based calculators ... Might you have a suggestion for a foil calculator?

... and then ... if I end up winding them myself maybe one of you know where I can find some copper foil in ~10 meter lengths (~ 20 - 40 um thickness - it's for a line level application)?

Cheers,

Jesper

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.