Yay, revisiting my amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's been awhile since I have touched it, but work on my 6x 200W amp is resuming, and I figured I might as well mention it. As of right now it looks much like what it depicted below, but over tomorrow and the rest of the holidays, more chassis work will be done. I will need to replace that left heat exchanger (a heater core) since I managed to drop a large filament transformer on it the other month:bawling: but I have a replacement and it should be no trouble, besides the fact that the old one is glued onto the chasses with copious amounts of silicone.

Four other channels (basically p3a but with some simple mods like a current mirror, protection circuit, and beefed up for higher rail voltages) are yet to be completed and will mount on a waterblock (done) which will sit just in front of that one with the Leach Amps on it. One board is partly done, but I will need to cut some traces before it can become an effectively working prototype. Then the other 3 will be made, they are fairly simple amps. I have a completed PSpice model. The circuit goes like so, but please ignore the insane diode string on my diff. stage current source, it is in substitution of an LED. http://chrisf.4hv.org/projects/amplifier/modp3a1.jpg

The preamp is not really fully designed, but I do know there will be a 24dB/octave active 3 way crossover envolved. A pair of 6AL7GT eye tubes will poke through the mirrored front panel.

I have most all the parts to finish up, except bussbars, thermostats, speaker plates, and probably several various components for the pre-amp and possibly the other 4 channels.

The pre-amp is the biggest issue left, and any comments are welcome on what might be a good idea to do, or I may just go with a simple basic opamp circuit, not sure yet. So far I plan to use the TLE2141 for all crossovers and preamps, but you never know.

Chris

Attachments

• dscf0051.jpg
    dscf0051.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 337
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.