Heathkit making a comeback?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I didn't see this with a quick search for more information on the board, but does anyone know anything about Heathkit making a comeback? Seems someone has purchased the trademark and possibly the rights to all the old designs:

Heathkit® FAQ

Kind of exciting! I know that both of my parents owned/built Heathkit stuff in the past.

Anyone got any insight into the new Heathkit?

I read somewhere that they were intending to come back, but failed. That web page may be out of date - unless of course they are having a second try at coming back.

Let us hope that they are joking when they say that any mention of Heathkit must add the funny (R) character after it - this might be a requirement of US law but it is neither the law nor the normal practice in Europe. We find such things in foreign documents to be annoying/amusing - for a start, how do you pronounce it?

The survey is also labeled as the Spring 2013 survey, so it wasn't too terribly long ago...

One of the things I love about DIY is building. One of the things I hate is sourcing all the parts and all the follow-up orders when I realize what I've forgotten. Kits are great, but I have a hard time finding them for many projects.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.