Recommended Tools/Equipment, etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have been slowly building up a set of tools, books, programs, etc to aid me during the course of designing and building speakers, amplifiers, and other associated equipment.

I currently have:

Electronics
- Umik 1 Measurement Mic
- QSC CX168 8 Channel Amplifier
- MiniDSP 10x10HD
- DMM
- Capacitance/Inductance Meter
- Soldering Station

Tools
- Circular Saw
- Router
- Spray Equipment
- Hand Sander

Books
- JAES Anthologies
- Testing Loudspeakers
- Loudspeaker Cookbook

I also have a plethora of drivers, ports, capacitors, magnet wire, waveguides, etc.

Now I am wondering if there are any tools, measuring devices, etc left to buy for a budding electrical engineer with a serious addiction to building speakers and amplifiers?
Obviously I need to get some kind of DSO at some stage, but I don't know where to start, or what to look for in one. I should probably get a PSU too, but once again, unsure what voltage ranges, etc I should need to test bits and pieces out on.
Basically I am looking for suggestions on what equipment I should get/consider, and what minimum criteria such equipment must meet for it to suit audio design. There is no great rush, and a lot of what I purchase will be secondhand locally as they become available.

Thanks,

Ryan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.