Faulty Squeezebox Touch, regulator 'U28' 3VTOH? Schematic info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I've had a miss-hap with my Touch, my fault entirely. I accidentally plugged my Laptop charger into it (19.5V @ 4A!) instead of the usual 5V, polarity was the same.

I've damaged it, it no longer turns on naturally and I really really really want to get it going again. I've opened it up and started fault finding . I can see 3 of what I presume are rail voltage regulators that fed directly from the 5V in from the external PSU, hence the assumption. 'U28' which I believe is 3VTOH is physically damaged, either side of it are 'U26' and 'U27' which are OB26 and 3VE08 respectively and also possibly damaged but U28 for sure has taken a direct hit and sunk!

Has anybody else here had any success in repairing a Touch that has received an over-voltage state? Any schematic info or test point readings?

Thanks in advance,

DTB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.