Room heating blues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am (was) planning on building four 50W Aleph-X amps to bi-amp a stereo pair. Unfortunately I've worked out that my room contains about 45kg of moist air, and 600W heating will raise the air temperature at least .4°C per minute.

The air in the room doesn't really change over terribly often, because the heat is generally off. It is rather drafty, with three big windows. Does anyone have any experience determining the heat load a room can comfortable absorb?

My Aleph 2+ pair dissapating 600 W each warmed my living room (14 x 30 x 8) about 10 deg F in 2 hours.
The temp in the room won't climb for ever. It will hit a new equilibrium a few degrees hotter with them on.
I worker for a Engineer when I was in college and had to read and learn about heat loads to find out why a new apartment complex's heaters couldn't keep the units warm in winter. I don't remember the exact numbers, but air infiltration was by far the largest heat loss in all but the newest homes. A typical home fully exchanges it's air 1 to 4 times an hour.
So don't worry about the heat. Bask in its glow, and turn on a fan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.