• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CNC Cabinet Parts and hobbyist flat packs at reduced prices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings DIY folks. My name is Tom. I live on the West Coast. I recently purchased and set up a medium sized CNC table. I've cut a few custom Baltic Birch baffles and designed a basic MDF flat pack that can be sized to nearly any volume with ease.

I'm now offering CNC services to the DIY community at reduced rates over the usual shop prices since I have so little overhead. My basic rate is $60 hour for either machine time or drawings. I'm capable of drawing but not an expert so if you have any drawing skill it's in your best interest to do it yourself. NO 3D drawings! 2D and 2.5D only.

I can cut any material within reason (no stone or glass please) to any size up to 24"x48". I'm toying with cutting custom hardwood baffles with integral waveguides so if waveguides are your cup of tea, lets get something going.

I have a probe but haven't used it yet but I see no reason I can't probe an existing waveguide to generate the code. I also have a machining camera that might be able to help generate a point cloud. If that won't work I can probably write the Gcode myself, it will just take longer. Most waveguides are oval and have an increasing radius from face to throat but with a little bit of spreadsheet magic it won't be too hard. It's basically just a series of ovals of varying depth.

Best way to contact me is to visit TRB CNC | CNC Routing Portland Oregon
or email me at siggma at trbailey dot net.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.