Philips BDP2900 Blu-ray Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ref. Philips BDP2900 Blu-ray player

My mom, who knows Less than Nothing about electronics, bought me a Philips BDP2900 Blu-ray player. It's a sub-$50 Walmart player. The only connections on it are USB, Ethernet, HDMI, & a RCA jack labeled Coaxial. The Coaxial jack may or may-not be digital audio. The owners manual is written in Japlish, & of little to no use.

My TV only has Stereo/Video & RGB inputs. How can I hook up this HDMI ONLY Blu-player to my NON-HDMI TV? Is there some sort of adapter that can convert HDMI to Stereo/Video OR RGB?

I already have a Yamaha DDP-1 processor & a Yamaha DDP-2 processor. I may be able to connect the "Coaxial" jack to one of the Yamaha processors to get conventional stereo. It's hard to know for sure, because the Blu-ray owners manual doesn't say anything about what type of signal is present on the "coaxial" jack.

MLStrand56

Last edited:
S/PDIF (coaxial) connection

I checked the service manual for models BDP2600/2610/2700/2800/2850/3000...thay all have a proper S/PDIF (coaxial) digital audio output, so I guess that's so in your case as well.

My Sony TA-E2000ESD Control Amp (Pre-Amp) has a coaxial digital audio jack. So I'm now thinking that I can simply connect the Blu-player "coaxial" RCA S/PDIF(?) jack, to the Coaxial Digital Audio RCA jack on my control amp. That takes care of audio to the sound system.

I have also found HDMI adapter cables (HDMI to Component video & another to Composite video + stereo) & a $50 10-bit digital adapter device.

http://www.bhphotovi...EG&A=details&Q=

Whether or not I can find those cables/adapter in My country, remains to be seen. If not, at least I can order them in USA & receive them in approx. 6 months.

MLStrand56

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.