Aleph3 DC Turbo Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im new to this forum, hope im welcome as well. 12 years ago I built my own aleph3 with the help of some real nice people at pass labs, now it is featured at pass diy, front page. You probably can't imagine how happy and proud I am right now. I know I messed up when I made it, I didn't know anything except I wanted something real nice, one of a kind. I thought the cooler you ran an electrical device the better. So I went overboard on the heatsinks. .07 deg. c. per w. Well, I had found out later that heat helps the devices, so I put variable resistors on the 24v dc fans and ran them as slow as possible, it was too cold. When I first made this I was going to make it dc powered, as the rail voltages lend themselves to that possibility. It was too expensive... But now, 12 years after I made it I want to go all out with what I have and can modify. I can, with the fans, safely dissapate 450w per side, I know the irf 244's cant take it, hey I'm willing to do what it takes to make the 30 wpc aleph3 dc turbo. I wanna build again. This time skys the limit, and suggestions?

Last edited:
why dc? well my klipches are 104 dbw, concert levels with this amp and it never distorts for some reason, at least I can't hear it. This issue is the ac hum, while low (you would never hear it at any volume level) it is apparent at idle, probably due to no feedback and sensitive speakers. I've got a mini club in my basement, I like it loud and clear and powerful as well. Those 2 svs pc13 ultra dsp slege 1000's really bring this to my liking. However on a humid day they weld my door to upstairs shut to the point I have to kick the door open. yep. no lie. I love quality and want to further explore options that may have never been explored, why? Maybe it's to go where no man has gone before... Iv'e also heard you can make your dreams a reality, and if you build it they will come.. I don't know if it is feasable, but if it is im all in!

Last edited:
Well, I like to jamb. Im guessing 150 only because it feels like your getting hit by a boxer. You really cannot see straight, I have to put everything on non slip pads. My 50# printer fell off my desk. Maybe 140 db, but I do think it's more.. More coffee

I got 12 in.... sorta and it all comes about because of passion. I just want real high bias on 30wpc, I need no more power, I just thought pushing it wayyyy farther into single ended class A might be an improvement, something I could build. At least the dc part of it is unique, and can be done. Thank you..

I will never forget my first "real" amp, threshold stasis II. I remember reading about bias, and I played with the screws. I could hear the difference. I sold it to a guy who complained that it ran too hot, he later changed his thinking because he had a twin to it that couldn't touch it for quality. I still have pics of that amp. Bias does majic. That little experiment changed my whole mindset and that is the reason I built the aleph3

Last edited:
Here is where my head is at right now, I may be totally wrong here but I want to explain... I tend to think outside of the box.... Imagine you had your own little nuclear power plant, real small 1 megawatt. And you used it to make an amp that was cooled by 2 rivers and only made "my first watt" what would it sound like? Efficiency at .0000000000000000000001?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.