LM3886 By General Guitar Gadget

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
50W and 60W is practically the same, so if you have an easy solution for 50 and a complex one for 60, choose the easier one.
Now if you need 100W or more, then you'll need to go discrete.
The beauty of chipamps is simplicity.
Once you need bridging or (ugh !!!), parallelling, they become as complex as discrete and are not worth it.

Edit: TDA7294 is only slightly more powerful than LM3886, which are far more popular, which means lots of PCB and transformer options, lots of Forum experience to relie on, etc.

But of course, it's your choice. :)

Last edited:
Generalguitargadget board.

Two boards both with basic components for proof of concept, made them with the toner transfer off photo paper method. I have since changed the components to 'better' ones still using the same pcbs and I'm happy with the sound. I am using 4ohm speakers as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    716.7 KB · Views: 113
hi to all, thanks for all replies!

ok, I think I can start with the GGG project!

Concerning the PSU, I've found this schematic from chipamp: http://chipamp.com/images/ps-rev3-sch.gif

Question 1: the +pgnd & -pgnd need to go to the chassis togheter? If you know some simplest schematic (but good too) please let me know...

Question 2: As reported here HERE, to have a +-35Vdc (in order to get 50w into 8ohm), I need a transformer with 25 Vac at secondary.Is it right? How much VA are recommended?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.