• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube amp Building Compitition Interest check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to see how many DIYers or whomever would like to compete in a tube amp building competition. I was thinking of maybe local competitions around the area and holding one big one nationwide for the finalists (US) of course we would need a ton of funding to pull this off so I suppose small local compitions would come first untill/unless we have enough ground and funding. So a group of diyer/amp builders/designers/any one who just wants to listen to some interesting amps. would pay a entery fee to pay for hosting costs and possibly a prize. Amps would be judged by blind listening room and blind vote by the atendees or something im not sure yet(feedback and ideas would be nice)in a controlled enviroment controlled by a 3rd party non competitor. I suppose amps could judged first on musicallity(how it sounds) and then after judged on looks and specialness like if your amp is super small or it looks cool or if its in a cardboard box and it looks like it shouldnt work but it actually sounds really good, weird tubes ect... (moar feedback and ideas plz). I also like the idea of having catagory compititions like for one year the rules would be use only triodes or pentodes or this type of tube ect..The idea i know would have a trouble finding enough ground at first so i think maybe hosting it along side a convetion or festival like how Triodefest of europe does it European Triode Festival - ETF2009 Shootout
If anyone knows of something like this that already exists please by all means say so. and of course no SS allowed (lol though hybrids maybe?)

Please post any thoughts or comments about this idea, I would love for something like this to exist at sometime.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.