• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube Technology Genesis 100w monoblock manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of these monoblocks and I have a lot of questions. I do not have the manual so I am looking for one, or a copy of one.
My first question is bias? I have the meter but not the numbers.
Would the values on the back of the meter the read "Genesis" be for my amps?
I am located in Saskatchewan, Canada. So I have no local resources.

And this is a pic of my amps. Not sure if they are early or later models of this amp as I have seen two different face plates.
DSC05193_zpsef795676.jpg

Tube Technology Genesis 100w monoblocks? - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

the above link has pictures of the amp and a bias adjust device. in another article I read amp from the same manufacturer uses the same device with a setting of #3 which is believed to represent 30ma in the discussed example. so the only thing I can tell you is to review the data in the above link and recognize that the amp runs in class AB, so the tube bias will not be very hot at all. you can buy bias probes on ebay if you do not have the illustrated bias adjust device.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.