Need to connect mute pin on 3886?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wondering if you need to connect the mute pin on the lm3886 in order for the amp to work. Its the only thing I can think of, mine is unconnected right now. The amp doesn't have any output.

Also, when I turn my amp on and measure the V+ and V-, I get +40V and -14V. Is this normal at idle? I also accidently hooked the transformer up backwards and got +1.4V and -54V the first time, which may have fried my amp, but i heard these things are pretty resiliant to overloads and stuff.

Heres the schematic from national.

Attachments

• lm3886.jpg
    lm3886.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 371
How did you make your power supply? Did you just use 2 caps, a transformer, and a rectifier? Do you have the schematic you used? Remove the power supply leads from the amp and test them with a multimedia. See what you get.

I think that the low - voltage is because you skipped connecting the mute pin and it is shorting the amp, though. did you skip any resistors/caps either? If so, which ones?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.