Help replacing Logitech Z-2300 transformer for US to UK move (120V to 230V)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First post. I'm looking to get some help converting my Logitech Z-2300 from a US variety on 120VAC to work on the UK's 230VAC.

I found this post very informative:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/179312-help-required-logitech-z-2300-toroidal-transformer.html

However the OP there was looking to replace their transformer and eventually just got it repaired. There was some very useful discussion along the way.

I'm assuming if I can replace my 110V transformer with something that can match the original's output then I should be good to go. Is that assuming too much? What else would I need need to look at? Frequency will be different, will that affect capacitors? Other components?

So here's my train of thought on the replacement transformer:

Picture of my transformer attached.

US version:
Model: TOU433027F0
Input: AC 120V/60Hz (BLK-WHT)
Output: AC 19.9Vx2 (YEL-BLK-ORG)

The EU version is as follows:
Model: TOG433028F0
Input: AC 230V/50Hz
Output: AC 20.1V x 2
VA: 150.9

Again I'm assuming the ratings downstream of the transformer are within +/-10% between the US & UK versions, especially considering the outputs are within that tolerance. So if I can find a transformer that can match the EU transformer specs I should be good to go right?

Here's what I found:
An Airlink transformer:
Model: CM0160220
Input: AC 230V
Output: AC 20 x 2
VA: 160

Now here's a slight difference between the two: the Logitech transformer only has three leads coming out of the transformer so it seems to be a center tapped transformer. The one I've picked out is a dual wound transformer with four leads out. According to the linked post above that should be OK. I just have to tie the two ground lines together and connect them where the center tap in the Logitech setup would go. Correct?

Any confirmation, correction would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Z-2200 US.jpg
    Z-2200 US.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 154
"I just have to tie the two ground lines together and connect them where the center tap in the Logitech setup would go. Correct?"

Yes, but measure to make sure the phasing is correct...you will either get 40VAC or 0VAC across the two "outside" lines...You want 40VAC.

Make sure your transformer of choice runs at 50 Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.