"Simply" Strange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First let me say that its been an interesting and rewarding experience restoring a set of EV Sentry 3. These speakers have a unique one off woofer that was made by EV for this unit only. With the tremendous amount of knowledge gleaned from everyone on this site I was finally able to get them totally back to spec and they will serve their original purpose of reference monitors in my mixing and mastering studio business.

Those of you who have heard or owned set of these already know these are quite underrated extremely accurate and dynamic speakers, worth the effort.
Along the way I have had to source the correct parts for the woofers from several states. With the help of Midwest Speakers who had the original dust caps and especially Richard and Rick at Sound Speaker Repair in Arizona who had the very, very compliant spiders needed. Orange County who although they felt they needed to preserve their remaining stock of EV spiders, did indeed have the correct fitting surrounds.

All was well till I "Simply" ordered a st350a diaphragm from this shop that "Simply" is in Florida. When the part arrived it had some issues that I decided to work around. I called to ask about polarity (it was not marked and in this odd case had to be installed 180 degrees from the lead notch in the plate. To make a long story short the man was more than a bit rude and I was informed it was Friday and that it was Friday that made a difference! I was "Simply" taken aback. I called back and got another man on the phone who had overheard the "Friday" comment apparently from his boss. This fella was very helpful and we quickly sorted it out. You guys probably already know about this place but I thought I would put in a word. One "Simply" should not be that rude (-:

I don't know whether there is a curse on these Sentry 3's but I rarely have encountered so many issues just getting parts. My experience with most shops is almost always great.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.