Personal EQ & AMP for Hearing loss

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello DIYAudio group!

I am looking to build the ultimate personal amplifier. I lost my hearing at a very young age and have always struggled with listening to audio output from phones, computers, MP3 etc……. When I have my hearing aids in and try to listen its even worst! I would like to build an audio amplifier with a programmable equalizer 7 band equalizer! It will be connected to the 3.5mm audio output jack I will connect +5V separately. For programming the device will be connected to the PC temporally through the USB jack and then removed. Looking for details and suggestions. I would like to discuss if 1 stage amplifier enough? Is it better to amplify first then equalize or the other way equalize then amplify. Who makes the best audio chips? What software is needed to program the EQ is it possible? Any suggested readings, websites, software, forums, etc……..

Specification:
Easy to build and program! Must be like using a chip like Monolithic Linear integrated circuit LA3600

http://www.electronics-lab.com/blog/?tag=equalizer

Input voltage: 5V
Gain: ?
Equalizer: 7 band or better
Input/ Output: 3.5mm

And for the hard way using a DSP or FPGA to build a advanced equalizer/ gain headset that could be used in any computer, phone or MP3 player!

Thanks in advanced!
Monito

Attachments

• SSDHelpdesk13011712140.pdf
    352.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
That thing is a monster! But has a great looking plot! I was looking for something much smaller. It doest need to have the curve. I just want to do simple adjustments through an EQ and add some gain to a headset. The output is way to low from most devices.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
How about using a cheap graphic equaliser intended for car use. There's enough room in those to add a small headphone amp. I actually did this a long time ago before building the "monster" above which provides greater clarity for speech. You wouldn't be able to get such a curve from a simple electronic solution (like a graphic).

(Most of the complexity of the design is the triac switched PSU and ultra low power audio detection circuit and the capacitive touch switch)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.