EXODUS ANARCHY 6.5" DRIVERS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi have read with great interest of Tapped Horn Sub woofer designs that use the Exodus Anarchy 6.5" driver and would like to build such a device as part of a music system. The problem for me is that after placing an order at DIYAUDIO their site advised postage to Australia was to be US $234
oI+cRBAaUPPnAMoitQxhNks6hMA6AbEAA7
which is ridiculous when Parts Express ship similar products at US $87 or via FedEx at US $124. to Australia.
I specifically want to go with the Exodus Anarchy 6.5" driver so was wondering if there is any DIYAUDIO member that may be willing to buy two (2) of these drivers and ship them to me here in Australia via FedEx or other reasonable means. A PayPal transaction would make for ease of money handling....
Hope someone can assist keen fellow member:)

EXODUS EX-ANARCHY 6.5" MID-WOOFER SUPPLY

Hi and thank you for replies so far...i will certainly look into the Alpine type R8 suggestion.
What continually haunts me is that I do recall postings that suggested the Exodus Anarchy performance along with its advanced motor was preferred for music...it being tighter with less distortion more detailed sound wise etc.
Maybe someone could again comment on the Tang Band versus Exodus Anarchy versus Alpine sound qualities when used for music..especially Jazz and Classical of all types....
AH0JFFhBSgscEuIMXOiLDqMGeFpxgcIqig6Gn9aEMDFJEqBEPTa5EjRQEYRDCiIQWNlml6xIYQwJnPJCgY8ALgaI0BCg1xw4d3ydukVlEa8AYBCgsREgA6pRfJysIvOEw5c3WzQdyEXID4NYmUBomUFBzZUCAhAUOAALQJkVbnY0wqRnEBEDBs4ASCCgFJMilWoUIiUHhi0AZuoMSKBiAok0nB5l8SKqT5cYAxwIAMDCAwpVQj74wlUlxRggqZYEqmVpRA4sJQSyoWEliaMflJCAGvJA155LA8UY4UFr1qsFHZTkOQKJ4QlEF0wFkfGniZ1QDAdiuLHBUycLDAMCADs=

Many thanks for the links....makes for great reading and food for thought...still waiting for Exodus Anarchy purchase offers though. Must be some kind members out there in the US who could assist re purchase in US of a pair of Exodus Anarchy 6.5" and shipping to Australia at a better rate than DIYCable.com at an insane US $324 shipping fee.:D

Thank you for that Terry....I need another clarification ....What exactly is 'PL PREMIUM'
adhesive...if someone could give a less abbreviated idea of what it is that would be a great help also...
Thanks
Dale

Dale,

I just talked to Kevin a couple of minutes ago. He said his e-mail address is still in service and he'll be checking it.

www.diycable.com

Loctite® PL Premium® Polyurethane Construction Adhesive

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/pl...remium-Polyurethane-Construction-Adhesive.htm

I'm not a chemist, but I'm familiar with PL Premium which I've used for boatbuilding projects. Very strong bond, water proof and less expensive than epoxy. Comes in caulking tubes, but can be pretty messy, so wear throw-away clothes when using.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
Any word yet?

And what is the size of the box for the 6.5" woofer?

I thought of building these for my children so I may buy a few of these woofers unless they are not so cheap. I can get the JBL 10" for 139 and the Alpine 8" is closer to $170.

Last edited:
In response to 'chrapladm'....Was contacted by Kevin from diycable.com re the Exodus Anarchy 6.5" mid woofer and was able to work out a better shipping arrangement. Payment sent but have not had final confirmation as yet...but I do not have any concerns they will turn up eventually. As for your question as to box size...the 6.5' Exodus speakers will be used in a 25Hz TH enclosure known as 'Insubnia' well documented on this forum. If used the 10" JBL or the Alpine 8" would require modifications to the 'Insubnia' design as posted by the designer ' Lil Mike' for the 6.5" speaker....
Regards...Dale

LOL....sorry to confuse. I am very familiar with most of the TH's, FLH's and other for this midwoofer. I was asking what size shipping box does the 6.5" woofer go in?

I was hoping that I could buy a pair and build a pair of the horns Lilmike made also. But if the price was to dear I may have to go with something else.

Thanks again.

Hi again...I was quoted 18lbs shipping weight!! I would imagine a box with two to be approx 16" X 8"X 8" or so. Maybe some other members could give package size experiences for you. The speaker is reasonable in price but shipping sizes for International shipping is another thing....
Regards
Dale

The feeling I get from reading the various posts on the subject is that the Exodus Anarchy performs in a more pleasing manner on music. The Tang Band 6.5" is one you have not mentioned that also apparently works very well. Another suggestion from reading the posts is to go for two 6.5" versions instead of larger enclosure for larger diameter drivers..
I decided to go for the two smaller original 6.5" driver approach as it has advantages in room placements .....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.