Lowest price for Fountek NeoCD3 to the UK for FAST project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes. Search lautsprecher.de or Strassacker. Those should be the same site. I bought my neoCD3.5H from them, amongst other things.

Great service, cheap too. Euro prices equate to GBP once delivery is included. I highly recommend them, they had stock last time i checked.

However, i dont think that the neo ribbons are a good idea for a FAST project as you cant cross them low enough.

Im not that familar with the neo3 but id hazard a guess at a min crossover of 2khz at 3rd order.

I hope my comments have been some use.

Last edited:
Rega

This is worth reading and includes tests of the Fountek CD2.0

Zaph|Audio

Here is his take on conventional tweeters

Zaph|Audio

Makes for interesting reading and generally throws a spanner in my plans!.Many years ago Rega donated drivers for a college project, harvested from the Rega Kyte. I was always impressed how these speakers delivered midrange and vocals.

Anyone know what tweeter they used? I'm not for a moment thinking I could use it but if there is a modern equivalent I may start from there!

I seem to remember Vifa, but then could have been Audax or Seas!!!

Zaphs review is interesting but I certainly take it with a pinch of salt. His critique is responsible for my decision to not buy the neoCD1.0 or neoCD3, and instead opt for the 3.5H which is hornguide loaded.

Distortion is going to be worse at their lower limits, but my feeling is that the horn should mitigate things, if its designed well. There are known 'energy storage' issues with both the 3.0 and 3.5h around 1.5k perhaps due to the cavity in front of the ribbons. The 3.5h has a larger cavity and probably suffers worse.

So i treat them like a horn, cross high enough and steep enough to avoid Fc.

3rd order at 3k works fairly well, but higher is better. Certainly above 5k they sound very clean. Their vertical directivity may have a large role in that though

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.